Friday, April 1, 2011

Ummm.......another poem?

They all say "hey" when I walk by.
They all know me cause I'm not shy.
I used to let people know who I was.
I'm a man of God.  I've got it all because
I had a good life growing up in the church.
My dad's the pastor, so I had a high perch.
I made some mistakes and asked for forgivness.
He gave it to me without a second glance.
I took that and liked it a lot,
So maybe, I thought, I could do it again and not get shot.
But it didn't work, nope it did not.
I wasn't doing terrible stuff like smoking pot,
But it wasn't good and I finally got straight.
Now I worship the Lord and not the things that he made.
This concludes my poem, but one thing more
If you follow God, you'll get to heaven for sure.

2 comments: